Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hello World!

     So, for my first post for this blog, I thought I would write a short introduction.  My name is Jaclyn and I am a crafty fiber addict.  It all started so innocently back in August 2009 with a family trip to Canada.  We had gone far enough north in British Columbia that things like quilts and knits were necessary in the summer.  We had stopped in the town of Jasper to get some food before going to the hotel when I saw a quilt and knit shop.  Having fond memories of quilting while I was in high school, I went in to 'just look.'  The wool fumes got to me after about fifteen minutes and I walked out with two kits in ribbon yarn and a pair of plastic needles.  My mom tried to teach me, but she gave up after five minutes and gave me a book to teach myself.  Since then, I've expanded my knowledge to include lace, cables, and colorwork.  I've also started spinning with a spindle and gone back to quilting.  They will all be featured on this blog, but mostly it will be about knitting.  Or so I think.  Maybe with occasional odes to my favorite fiber, alpaca.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment